£40-£45K plus benefits
Marketing Manager – Motorsports Accessories
c.£40K-45K plus benefits package
Exciting opportunity for a smart consumer marketer to join a highly successful business supplying innovative products for motorcycling and cycling to the consumer market. A passion for motorsports and/or some experience in the industry would be a bonus in this busy and challenging role. Remote working 2 days/week.
A solid background in the motorsport sector or consumer goods/FMCG is essential for this new and exciting role with this leading specialist brand, loved by riders and racers from pro to leisure, who need to keep their equipment in top condition and ready to go. With a huge range of lubricants, sprays, apparel, cleaning &maintenance products and equipment, available via specialist retailers and DTC- products made by riders, for riders – our client is now expanding rapidly into international markets, building a presence in new territories and sectors.
Reporting into the Global Head of Marketing, our client needs a commercially savvy, hands-on operator to drive the growth of our motorcycling product range – owning the strategy and marketing planning, including hands-on development of marketing campaigns, sponsorships and new product launches.
Key Responsibilities & Challenges
- Working with the Global Marketing Director to help develop a cohesive global motorcycle/powersports marketing plan in line with the business objectives and strategies
- Responsible for core portfolio marketing campaigns and new product launch comms campaigns, including defining, delivery and reporting
- Managing a range of high-profile athletes and team sponsorships, ensuring deliverables and ROI are maximised
- Working closely with digital, PR & Comms, sales and events teams to run on-line and off-line marketing activities, executing engaging campaigns around new product launches, quarterly campaigns, athlete/team sponsorships
- Analysis of industry & market trends and internal consumer data in order to recommend and deliver strategic and tactical activity
- Defining KPIs and key metrics, reporting on marketing performance to key stakeholders
- Helping to build and develop strategic partnerships with sporting and other industry organisations to maximise the impact of brand messaging and activity
This is a super exciting opportunity to combine your personal interest in motorsports with your passion for marketing. We’re looking for an exceptional candidate with leadership potential; someone who is hands-on and can get stuck into projects to deliver great business result, implementing strategies that will grow market share and consumer awareness in the UK and internationally. Key skills/experience includes:
- Hands-on experience working in a dynamic consumer goods environment
- Proven experience of developing and implementing multi-channel marketing campaigns and the ability to craft compelling consumer stories that drive interest in the brand
- Ideally a 2-wheel fanatic who keeps up with the latest in the motorcycle/powersports industry, and almost certainly likes riding a bike
- Positive energy and an ability to bring people with you in a small, but highly engaged team
- A positive ‘glass half full’ outlook with a good attention to detail and getting the job done
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to create clear and compelling proposals and analysis that ensures buy-in from people across thebusiness
- Ability to challenge the status quo and push for what you believe in
- Good IT skills: Outlook, Excel Word, PowerPoint, Adobe programs
- On occasion, a willingness to travel / work at awesome events suchas Daytona Bike week, World Superbikes and MotoGP
- Evidence of building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders within and outside the business
- Proven ability to work independently at pace in a high pressure, fast growth environment
- Ideally a full motorcycle licence!
If you are excited by this role, talk to me now. This is a great opportunity to bring your exceptional marketing skills, experience and drive to a high visibility role with excellent career development potential. Contact:Adam Tarsh at firstname.lastname@example.org